Friday, November 21, 2008

Research

So... just in case I find myself in a sorority house and someone asks me what I'm doing these days, I've come up with the following story to tell them.

"So what do you do?"

"Me? I'm a director. I just directed a kids' movie. It just came out. It should be in Wal-Mart pretty soon."

"That's cool. You working on anything now?"

"Yeah, actually. It's the story of a famous director -- he mainly directs Disney movies and is just bored with it. He decides that he just wants to do something that's a little more interesting to him... something about serial killers. So he starts doing some 'research.' He does this by hanging out at college campuses and sorority houses meeting girls. He tells them that he's a director, and they're normally pretty impressed (it being California, everyone has a dream, though hidden it may be in the back of their heads, that they too could probably be a famous actor). Soon enough, they start making out, and then the director says, 'Hey, let's get out of here.' So then they go to the park or something, and he kills them with, I dunno, probably a hammer or his car keys or something."

(Silence).

"So... are you um feeling dangerous or what?"

4 comments:

karly angela zobrist said...

that happened to me once

vanessa said...

that line get's me every time.

wolfsblood said...

I think I saw that one.

marmbite said...

I need ideas for a movie which I want to be able to use. not copyrighted. can anybody help>