Thursday, January 17, 2008

The Bridges of Mendocino County

When we were driving through Northern California (me and griffin), I told him about how I wondered how these people ended up here--living off of highway 1, facing the ocean, in the middle of nowhere, no neighbors for miles... just near this bridge. And I said... "Well, there was probably like this guy and he wanted to commit suicide and he was like 'But if I'm going to go, and I'm only going to go once, I'm going to go with style,' and so he set out to find the prettiest bridge in the world to jump off of, and he started driving up Highway 1 and there was this one bridge and it was GORGEOUS and he almost jumped off it but then he was like 'Well, wait this is just the first bridge, let me check out what else there is,' so he kept going and he was like 'Oh MAN THHHIIISSS is the bridge,' but he saw another one off in the distance and wanted to check it out... and he loved all the bridges, they were all so beautiful... they were all so beautiful that he couldn't decide which one he wanted to jump off of... this puzzled him to no end, since he couldn't decide, he didn't jump off one, and just lived there.... lived right where he came to die, and that's how these people got here..." to which griffin said "The tragedy is that we can only commit suicide once." which I thought was a very funny thing to say...

2 comments:

DJ Skillz said...

I like it, it's like The Bridges of Madison County, except it's darker and deeper. You know, more REAL.

Playa!!! said...

this was such a good idea.